Free your
mind.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

I Clicked the Refresh Button In My Life.

So.  I'm starting over...again...I think.  Anyways.


I've been living in a dark world for quite some time now; and I decided it's about time that I turn the light on myself since it's not going to turn on itself.  I waited and waited and waited for that PERFECT moment for something.  Well the truth is, I didn't even know what that something was; I was pretty much waiting for nothing––I was wasting time basking in my MISERY.  Sounds terrible, I know.


And the thing is, the people closest to me probably don't understand how this could be true because I walk around with my head held high enough to make it seem as though I live in a perfect "world" where I have everything figured out.  Well...I don't.  I've been lying.  I've been lying about wanting to know what I want to do in life.  I've been lying about sitting in my room reading and studying for hours---I've really just been sitting around watching basketball, sleeping, eating and thinking about who knows what and crying about who knows what (I sure as hell have no idea).  I've been lying about being "together"; right now I'm just a big jumbled up piece of confused randomness.


This isn't some pity story.  I don't expect you to feel bad for me, to cry, to want to "talk to me about my feelings."  And I CERTAINLY don't want anyone that I know who reads this to start treating me differently as if I'm in some sort of depressed state (been there, done that).  I'm not.  I've just been confused about myself.  How I'm able to give my peers, friends, acquaintances, mentors, family members, etc. so much great advice in this condition.....I have no fucking clue.  But we all say it right? "I just wish I could take my own advice."


Well I finally decided that it's time that I do just that.  I took my own advice of sucking up life and going for what I FEEL is right.  I'm going to stop procrastinating on doing things that I know I am and/or can be good at––GREAT at.


So, what is this blog going to be about from now on? ...I don't know.  But I do know I want to write.  I have thoughts and opinions for days; and instead of trying to fit them all into a 140 character tweet, I figured it would be best to write articles about them––or blog posts––or journal entries--or whatever you wish to call them.


These "pieces" will be based on my experiences, my views on things, my insight.  So no, you won't find your source for new music, iCandy, videos, tumblrish things, and what not that you USED to find here.  For all of that you can go to my other site.


I hope you can gain something from my experiences--from my journey.  If you have any feedback, opinions, disagreements, etc., leave them in the comments section after my posts.  If no one reads this....I won't know.  I'll just pretend someone did.

9 comments:

  1. Dope.. wish you the best of luck in your life, and hope that everything gets better from here.. Keep pushing love,

    -Peter Sun

    p.s. someone did read it, you dont have to pretend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you loud and clear...even at my age I wonder what my purpose is? Just stay positive and know that you are loved. And go with what your heart says.

    -AWms(father of a friend)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I truly appreciate the support & positivity <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I feel kind of stupid for not knowing all this, because I've known you since I can remember. I'm glad you took your own advice and "sucked it up." You don't have to have everything figured out right now. Your young. And that's part of life, figuring out what you want to do, exploring things and moving on. And you definitely don't have to have things together. I know so many people, including myself who don't. If anyone knows you well it's me. You're the type of person who is talented in many ways, DIFFERENT (in a good way) and so open- minded. You have nothing to worry about. You are an amazing person and I'm sorry for not being able to figure this out when I should have. I love you preezy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smart girl... If you can hold that perspective, you will accomplish beyond your wildest dreams. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Atisha: It's ok, I didn't expect you to know! I love you too ;)

    Real HipHopHead: Can I just expose your name already? Bahaha. Thanks though; I try my best to hold this perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Priya you are one of the smartest, prettiest, and realist person I know. You can do so much with your life and be good at it. Trust me I know what you are going through because everyday I think to myself what is the purpose of me even being here (not in a suicidal way) but like what the hell am I going to do with my life. So, its not only you who is going through this. If you ever need to talk to someone I'm here :) I love you soo much! you have given me so much advise over the years and I would love to just hear you out to repay the favor. LOVE YOU! be strong and as time goes on you will figure stuff out. thats what life is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What the hell? Maybe you wouldn't be liek this if u stopped acting kooler than every1 else for once. I go to gmu and see you around and u always try to act so popular and amazing..and u aren't cuz u are just like everybody else. Nobody knows what they are going to do in life. And u say this isnt a pity story but obviously it is if u are writing about it for the world to see..Like honestly, I am 1 of ur close friends but dont have the heart to tell u to get a wake up call

    ReplyDelete

speak.your.mind